Our client, an Online Forex & CFD Trading company, seeks to recruit a System Administrator in Limassol.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The position ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational need
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, including documentation
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier II support per request as escalated issues land on your plate. Investigate and troubleshoot issues, and educate Tier I support – Knowledge-sharing is key
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted departments.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix, Linux or Microsoft Software (advantage)
- Knowledge of and experience in Linux servers (we run ubuntu)/nginx/apache/mysql/replication/networking
- Window servers (2008-2016)/mssql/IIS/replication/networking/AD/DC/office365
- MT4, MT5
- Virtual Machines